FOOD SAFETY ACADEMY
Through our Food Safety Academy (FSA), we provide the best available training, advisory, and capacity building services in the fields of food safety, sanitary and phytosanitary measures, quality and standards in the Eastern and South African regions and beyond. The academy offers scheduled courses in the areas of hygiene, food safety, postharvest handling; food safety and quality standards, sanitary and phytosanitary measures and related fields:
We offer the following scheduled courses at different times of the year:
- One-day Hygiene Management Courses for food handling staff and managers of hotels and restaurants; milk related business operations; fish and meat related business operations; food storage, marketing and silos operations; commercial farming (crop, livestock and fish) operations; animal feed processing and manufacturing operations; food processing and manufacturing establishments.
- Three-day Basic Food Safety Course for managers of food business operations; and personal employed in public food control agencies and other related organizations
- Three-day Comprehensive certificate Course in Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Management and Control, for personnel employed in private and public sector
- Eight-day Executive Certificate Course in Food Safety Management and Control
- Two-day Food Safety Management Systems Auditing Course
- One-day course on HACCP in Food Production and Processing
- One-day course on Integrated Food Safety and Quality Management Systems
- One-day course on Implementation of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
- One-day course on Implementation of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- One-day course on Freshness Care for Fruits and Vegetables
- Two-day course on Implementation of ISO 22000:2005 Standard on Food Safety Management System
- One-day course on Implementation of ISO 22005:2007 standard on Traceability of Feed and Food
- One-day course on Post-harvest handling covering GMP, Good Hygiene Practices (GHP) and sanitation standards operating procedures (SSOP)
- One-day course on Food Safety Audit and Benchmarking
- Two-day course on implementing the requirements for British Retail Consortium (BRC) Food Safety Standards.
We arrange tailor made courses in the fields of food safety, SPS, quality and standards for clients which we deliver on either our premises or on their own chosen sites.