Services to Public Sector
FSA Ltd recognizes the limited skills base in the agencies responsible for enforcing and controlling the food safety practices in the industry as well as those involved in SPS, food safety and SMQT policy planning, management, research and development.
FSA Ltd will assist these organizations to:
- Develop or review the policy and legal instruments to incorporate appropriate product/safety provisions for managing agro-food control activities effectively;
- Set up effective product quality and safety management systems, including programmes for monitoring, control and surveillance of the relevant industry operations
- Develop standard operating procedures for monitoring the compliance to the regulatory and consumer requirements
- Develop certification guidelines for use by the agencies to certify products and operations of the industry
- Provide specialized training to retool the personnel in carrying out safety and quality control, management and other related tasks
- Provide advice on logistical and infrastructural requirements necessary for effective safety and quality management and control operations
- Carry out research, analyses, rapid appraisals, surveys and scoping and risk assessment studies related to product/ safety and quality to inform policy and regulatory development or to facilitate regulatory controls
- Provide specialized advice and technical support to risk assessment, risk management and risk communication activities as a way to facilitate proper functioning of food risk analysis process
- Provide management and personnel services to agencies utilizing donor support to ensure that outputs of the programmes or project that focus on quality and safety infrastructure improvement are delivered in accordance to donor expectations and conditions.